When was the last time you challenged yourself to learn a new skill? Investing in yourself is probably one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. Not only does it signal that you are adventurous enough to test your abilities, it also means you are willing to make full use of your potential.
With time on your hands and money in your pocket, you can take a talent, skill, or hobby to a whole new level. Hire a coach. Take a course. Fly off to a new adventure. The possibilities are endless. Here are but some of them.
- Get healthy. At your age, you need to start taking better care of yourself by investing in healthy food and a top-notch training program. Angelo James Sandique, trainer and owner of Phenom Athletics, can help toughen up your bones and build lean muscles, giving you the strength and stamina to carry on everyday chores with aplomb. When you’re ready, you may set other fitness goals like running a marathon or going on obstacle races. Click here to set an appointment with Coach Angelo. Unlimited gym access starts at P800 a month with separate fees for one-on-one sessions with a trainer.
- Go to Harvard. Yes, you read it right! Harvard! One of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the United States, Harvard University actually offers free online courses for a variety of subjects. Learn about the 19thcentury opera of Meyerbeer, Wagner, and Verdi or dig into the masterpieces of world literature. If you want to get into topics more complex, explore how entrepreneurship and innovation tackle intricate social problems in emerging economies. Courses range from three to seven hours a week for six to 12 weeks. Once you’re finished, you may opt to receive a verified certificate for a minimal fee. Excited to learn more? Visit the Harvard website.
- Cook like a chef. Haven’t you always wanted to learn how to make the perfect curry? Well, how about flying off to Thailand, and signing up for an introductory class in Thai cuisine? Learn traditional Thai cooking using the freshest ingredients from Chef Sompon of the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School. Some of the dishes you’ll soon be able to prep in your own kitchen include Green Curry Chicken, Papaya Salad, Hot and Sour Prawn Soup, Roasted Duck Curry, and Thai Style Fish Cake. The rate for a one-day class is THB1,450 per person and for two days TBH2,800. Sign up for these lessons and enjoy authentic Thai cuisine every time you feel like it! Click here to get all the details.
- Make some music. You are never too old to learn something new, even if it’s playing the cello, clarinet, or trombone. The UP College of Music Extension Program (Music X) is a non-degree program offering musicianship skills through one-on-one learning of music instruments, song writing, and vocal arranging. Classes take place three times a year. Individual lessons for music composition and instruments are pegged at P6,600 for 12 30-minute sessions. Find out more when you visit the UPD website.
- Do your makeup like a pro. If you’re in love with everything beauty, sign up for a Basic Makeup course at SoFA Design Institute. The Philippines’ first specialized design college, SoFa offers an introduction to makeup essentials. Apart from learning the basics of skin care and makeup application, you’ll also have a glimpse in a day in the life of a professional makeup artist. Take the course for P7,500. Surf onto the SoFa website if you’re interested.
- Make like a cineaste. If you love going to the movies, then treat yourself to a spectacular feast of the senses. Cinemalaya, the Philippine Independent Film Festival, happens this August, from the 2nd to the 11th. Apart from full-length films, the festival also showcases short features. You may choose to get an An-All Access Festival Pass which gives you admission to all screenings, or buy a ticket for features you like. For more information, visit their Facebook page. You could also book tickets to South Korea for the Busan International Film Festival which takes place from October 3 to 12, 2019. Some 300 films from 70 countries will be showing in approximately 30 screens. Individual tickets for the opening/closing screening and ceremony is at KRW20,000. Group rates are also available. Click here to learn more.
- Pursue your various interests in your own space.If you’ve always wanted to have your own home, opt for one where you can indulge in your hobbies and passions such as The Residences at Commonwealth by Century. This eight-tower mid-rise residential development in Quezon City is totally #condogoals for being hyper-amenitized.
Do your workouts at the Fitness Center and Dance Studio. Schedule a private viewing of your favorite blockbuster at the Screening Room. Whip up your newly learned recipes at the Show Kitchen. Practice your skills at the Arts and Crafts Studio and Rock and Roll Studio. Trade shop talk with the beauty professionals at the Salon.
If your mind ain’t quite made up just yet, you may experience the Century Properties lifestyle by booking a Siglo Suites staycation at any of these real estate properties: The Gramercy Residences, The Knightsbridge Residences, The Milano Residences, Azure Urban Resort Residences, and Acqua Private Residences.