Are you and the kids stuck in front of your gadgets all day? Rest your weary eyes and stretch your muscles by engaging in activities the whole family will enjoy. Not only will you be able to spend precious bonding time with your kids, you’ll have a blast and maybe even learn something new!
1. Visit the Mind Museum. Let science come alive in this modern museum! The kids can play, explore, and discover new things in more than 250 interactive exhibits. Aside from permanent galleries featuring everything about life on earth, the museum also has special traveling exhibits. Check out the Planet Story exhibition, where the whole family can ride a rocket and explore the universe together.
The Mind Museum is open Tuesdays to Sundays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2. Go on a food trip at Salcedo Saturday Market. If you’re tired of eating at the same old restaurants in the mall, find new dishes to try at Salcedo Market. They’ve got a variety of cuisine from around the world, such as Australian beef burgers, Indian vegetable samosas, Japanese pancakes, Spanish paella, and so much more! Even if your kids are picky eaters, they will surely find something yummy to munch on. Plus, you can teach them about different fruits and vegetables, and allow them to browse through all the interesting stuff for sale at the market.
Salcedo Market is open every Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
3. Say a prayer or hear mass at the Guadalupe Ruins. Did you know that a 400-year old church lies at the heart of Makati? Contrary to the name, the Guadalupe Ruins or Nuestra Señora de Gracia Parish is actually a functional antique church. Situated on top of a hill, the church will leave you feeling inspired with its rich history and exquisite interiors. Even the kids won’t be bored going to church here, especially when you tell them stories of the different saints while exploring the area.
The church is open daily from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
4. Ride the Pasig River Ferry down to Mandaluyong. Chances are, you’ve ridden the MRT before, but have you ever tried the Pasig River Ferry? Hop on at any of the ferry’s 12 stations and take a leisurely ride along the Pasig River. You can wax sentimental and tell your kids about the old days, when this river was clean and sparkling and considered an important means of transportation.
The Pasig River Ferry Service is open from Monday to Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
5. Jump and fly at the Trampoline Park. Dive into a giant foam pit, practice your slam dunks, or play a game of dodge ball at this indoor trampoline park in Mandaluyong. Younger kids can join the Gravity Kidz sessions, where children below six years old can bounce around in a cushiony wonderland. The park has a high standard for safety so you can be sure that the whole family will be in for a safe and fun adventure.
The park is open from 12 to 9 p.m. on Monday to Thursday, 12 to 10 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
6. Go for a swim. After a long day of exploring the city, cool off and take a dip in the pool. In terms of public pools, the Makati Aqua Sports Arena (MASA) on J.P. Rizal Extension is a great option. If you live in a condo, then you probably already have a swimming pool as a standard amenity. But imagine if you could take that up a notch? At Acqua Private Residences, you also get your very own country club by the river. The Pebble is a gleaming white, modern structure, which is the perfect place to relax and get energized. Aside from having a lap pool, lagoon pool, and jacuzzi, The Pebble also has a gym with a Total Body Resistance Exercise (TRX) area, basketball court/volleyball court, and a play area where the whole family can break a sweat. Aside from engaging in sports and fitness activities, the family can also enjoy downtime at The Pebble’s movie room, library, and juice bar & cafe.
Imagine being surrounded by all these places that offer unlimited options for dining and entertainment, while living in an idyllic, nature-infused setting. That’s the beauty of Acqua Private Residences. With its central location between Makati and Mandaluyong, Acqua Private Residences is accessible by all modes of transportation and is just a bridge away from Makati’s top attractions. When you live in a vibrant condominium, you have your very own oasis in the middle of the concrete jungle. When you want to relax and have fun with the kids, simply take a dip in the pool, take a stroll down the breezy Riverwalk Promenade, or eat and play sports at The Pebble. You can check it out by taking your family on a staycation at Siglo Suites. Reserve a unit and create some fun memories.
So go out and explore the city! Just a few hours discovering a new place, eating good food, and doing fun activities with the whole family will make for some unforgettable memories.